Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

help wiring Honeywell Aquastat L8148E and 2x Taco Zone Valves

Options
Apologies if this question was already asked, however I was unable to find a similar topic after searching first.
I'd appreciate assistance wiring 2x Taco 570-2 model zone valves, 2x Honeywell thermostats and a Honeywell Aquastat L8148E Relay. I contacted Taco and they sent me a diagram using an external transformer, but the L8148E has a built in transformer that can handle two zones. Taco then told me to contact Honeywell but Honeywell won't provide any assistance because I'm not a contractor. I've found a couple of diagrams online including the one inserted below, however, when I wire the system this way, the boiler won't shut off which must mean that the wiring is wrong.

Comments

• Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The max zone valve amp draw for the L8148E is 1.2 amp or 1.4 amps depending on ambient temp. That number is safe with 2 Honeywell V8043 zone valves but the Taco 570 series zone valves pull .9 amps each. You'll have to use an external transformer with those.
    Steve Minnich
  • markygoodman
    markygoodman Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Hatterasguy and Stephen Minnich, thank you both for your prompt replies. I'll check with my local supply store in the morning. I'll assume the Control Module will pull additional amperage so an external transformer is required...?

Thanks again!
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    If you use the Zone Valve Control that Hat recommended, no additional transformer is needed.
    Steve Minnich