Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hi low temp setting buderus g115 /4

Options
bink
bink Member Posts: 97
What temperature do you set the hi low limit on these boilers. My contractor set it at 160-140. I talked to another contractor that said he sets these at 180-160 degree f.
Appreciate any input. I have baseboard heat. I have another recent post about the short run times I have. How does the temperature range affect the run time.
Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Again, no low limit at all!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    Bob Bona_4Zman
  • bink
    Options
    Thanks is that a setting in the aqua stat.
  • spoon22
    spoon22 Member Posts: 32
    Options
    If it is a honeywell l8124 turn the low limit all the way down if it is a honeywell l7224 u you can actually turn the limit off. You would do the best with an aqua smart or hydrostat that would be my choice for an aquas tat on that boiler
    Bob Bona_4
  • bink
    Options
    Robert can you explain about the low limit. Is there any information on line showing what should be done. I would love to find a buderus expert to set this up. Any recommendation how to get a buderus tech.
  • Marz
    Marz Member Posts: 90
    Options
    Where are you located? The low limit maintains temperature in the boiler at all times. how do you get your hot water? Ideally the low limit should be set to 110 or off depending on how the unit is wired and if you have DHW or not.
  • bink
    Options
    Marz and thanks to all who responded. I called the contractor and he will come here to reset the low limit to off and up the high limit to 180 degree suggested by my contact at Bosch.
    We live in eastern pa and this week is warm so I have not used the baseboard. We have the separate Bosch water tank heated by the boiler.
    I will post how this turns out?
    It is good that the guys here are willing to help with problems and your knowledge. The contractors may not have correct information and may not properly design the system. Just what I am seeing.
    So thanks
    Richard
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    If this is set right, cold start. Possibly tech was having a problem with initial start up when combustion area was cold, so someone set it for a warm start? No other reason I see