Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Where to get beginner info on supply temperature,room temperature, return temperature etc.?

Hi

I've just moved into a house which has a Navien CH ASME Combi boiler. I have the manual for the remote control (an NR-10P http://us.navien.com/ProductRemote/) which contains instructions on how to set various things, however the manual only says how to set things, it doesn't have any information about what those things are nor what affect changing them would have.
These are the list of things that can be changed by the remote controller:
- hot water temperature setting. This one is obvious
- pre-heating setting. I know what this is now after some googling
- room temperature setting. Sounds like it must be the heating? But so does the space heating
- return temperature setting. No idea what this is, what is it and when should/shouldn't it be set, and to what values?
- supply temperature. What is this? How does it differ from the basic hot water setting or preheating?
- space heating. What is this, how does it differ from room temperature?
- heat capacity control. What is this?

Does anybody have a link to a web site or guide that give a summary of what these things are?

Thanks

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Can you double check the model number and post back? If you go to the website for the link you posted, and put in the correct model number, you should be able to get an installation manual, not the homeowner/user manual, which should provide more info.
    Also, did the installer leave any info on the unit? You could call them. If they're customer oriented, they should come over and give you a complete rundown of the system--how to use it, how to set it, how to care for it, and what maintenance it may need.
    steve
  • mungbeans
    mungbeans Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, I'll have to wait till I get back home to check which model number it is exactly.