Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

wondering if any one has used cloth ductwork

clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,103
I have a building owner who insists on using this product instead of traditinal sheet metal .I personally have never seen it used any where on a standard ac system on commerical jobs .I have seen it used on make up air systems for ventalation ,mostly at motor vechile inspection stations and at somme large bus shops otherwise nil .Any input would be useful.Peace and good luck clammy
R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    They also have plastic tube ducts for greenhouses, about 24 inches in diameter with holes along the length. Bright sunlight would make them a yearly replacement item.
    Using anything flexible on a return would be tricky.--NBC
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,103
    This product is i believe called duct sock ,i personally think its a cheap product for cheapstakes this same guy wanted us to look into all plastic duct which he believes will be cheaper ,No one carries it or stocks it and it all would have to be pre ordered and delivered by flat rate trucking.The duct sock system requires the use of a alot of static to blow up and i really don t think say a standard 10 or 15 ton roof tops blower would be up to the job .Even though this company will give you design help i think it has it s place some where but not in a production ,r and d amd manafacturing facility peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Look at it this way, You never lost any money on a job you didn't get