Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Adjustable outlets for HV-HVAC systems (SpacePak, Unico)?

cmillar
cmillar Member Posts: 2
I've done some searching but come up dry on this topic - are there adjustable outlets, as in outlets with movable vents or even fixed shunts, for HV systems like SpacePak or Unico?

Everything I've found is simply an opening or a fixed grate. I have a a few outlets positioned near beds/furniture where it would be preferable to adjust the airflow so it's not simply shooting straight down. Does anything like this exist?

Comments

• Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    I've never seen what you're looking for. The amount of supply runs (outlets) on these systems is critical, typically 7 full outlets per ton of air conditioning in order for the system to operate properly.
    The outlets are de-rated if they exceed certain lengths and then they would no longer be considered a "full" outlet which then would necessitate more outlets. Make sense? The same theory applies to supplies that could potentially be closed, partially or entirely...you would quickly not have enough outlets.
    Steve Minnich
  • cmillar
    cmillar Member Posts: 2
    Thanks much for the reply.

That completely makes sense - which is why I was hoping there would at least be something that allowed you to angle the direction of the airflow (and not necessarily impeding it in any meaningful way). But apparently no dice.