Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

trinity 150 NTI hot water side of the boiler

MEVET
MEVET Member Posts: 3
edited February 2021 in Domestic Hot Water
my Trinity 150 NTI Boiler is messing up every time we run hot water IE for showers to wash your hands and for the dishwasher it kicks and sends an Error code starts with an upside down F than a 2.2 and it will flash the fan inside will kick in and cut off than back on again I just bought the house not too long ago and noticed the boiler is older than the house it was installed on 06 and the house was built in 08 doesn't make any sense I'm at my wits end anyone out there that could give me some insight instead of the plumbing company charging me $ an hour just to stare at it bill me and not do anything or have any suggestions or anything just to say I need a second opinion call up someone else so now it's $ an hour just to screw around need help ASAP

Comments

• Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 883
    So I have never seen that code with a Trinity unit, does it have the Fenwal control? Typically it will have an ER_ _ code or a flashing on the board. Could you let us know what control it has and submit a pic of the error code and piping.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • MEVET
    Here are some pics I just took this morning of the system let me know What you guys think Back when I first bought the house it had the ignition lockout 3 flashes On the Fenwal control for the heat had it fixed now the hot water is messing up
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 883
    As far as I know, that is saying T2.2 which is the version Sentry control you have on the unit. I would suspect you need a qualified tech to come out and service it. Where are you located?
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • MEVET
    I live In Palermo ME
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Check grounds on Fenwal and you dont want any interference with black cable.Look for knicks in it.Not familiar with boiler but would def. get tech support to help you through it.
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Just to add to the above, whoever comes out needs to do a combustion analysis to ensure the boiler is set up correctly.
  • JJJ3
    JJJ3 Member Posts: 0
    I'm having this exact same issue the flashing t2.2 code and not making hot water, but works fine for heat. What did you have to do to fix it?
  • dave929392
    dave929392 Member Posts: 2
    same problem. Did you get a solution?
  • GGross
    GGross Member Posts: 1,022
    @dave929392

I would suggest making a new thread and post specifics about your system. Often when a unit like this is not producing hot water on demand it is for one of a few reasons. the unit does not detect flow (bad flow sensor) the unit can't transfer heat to the domestic side (fouled heat exchanger, needs maintenance) the photos in the OP show a flat plate heat exchanger that looked like it was leaking like crazy for a long time, so there could have been multiple things wrong with it.

Make a new post, post some pictures, try to stand back a little more than the photos in this post.
  • dave929392
    dave929392 Member Posts: 2
    I talked to NTI and they said to replace the controller which was $600 for the part with no chance to return it if was not the problem. It fixed the hot water coming on for the tank but now the boiler is on quite a bit even when there is no hot water running in the house.

Any thoughts on why the boiler heats for the water heater tank for no reason?