Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

pex al pex vs weil mclain

neradiant
neradiant Member Posts: 3
I am puling a floor up for a bad radiant install and in the process have discovered they used weil mclain alumipex. They are hooked to 10 loop manifolds with actuators on them. I need to replace all the tubing in the process. Will any pex al pex tubing work?

Comments

• Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    What was the initial problem that made the install bad ?
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,120
    I'm pretty sure that was a Reifling brand tube. It's the same fitting that fits Watts or Uponor MultiCor, probably others as Reifling make most of the PAP out there.

If the goal is to re-use the manifolds with new tube?

But sometimes the o-rings on the fitting get damages. Watts used to sell spare o-rings.

Caleffi sell manifolds with a universal PAP fittings.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • neradiant
    This is over a slab with home made sleeper system with aluminum panels. Then they put 2" sleepers over that and the finished floor. So it was suspended down in the wood right on the slab. House does not stay up to temp when it gets below 15. New plan is to rip all wood up, insulate between old slab hook new tubing to same manifold and pour a 2" slab with tubing in the slab. The tubing would heat up in the old system just not transfer to floor.
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    WOW . A suspended tube type of detail in a sleeper system . Gotta love it !

What material will the new overpour be ? concrete , therma floor ? How many zones ?
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • neradiant
    It is 10 zones. I tried to convince them to consolidate them. But changing his mind was not happening. 20 loops total.