Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mega press and pex with some copper

Options
Snowmelt
Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
Here is a pic of what I did last week, what do u guys think.

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,692
    Options
    Looks good! I generally don't fly the copper as you did in the 3rd pic. Just my opinion though.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Snowmelt
    Options
    What do you mean by fly?
    I did this on the fly lol.
    But it does look good doesn't it?
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,692
    Options
    Yes, looks good! I meant the 1" copper pipe where it's going at about 20 degrees or so (that pipe is 'flying'). It's just my opinion, and when it comes to running pipe i have many :) I would have tried to keep that horizontal, then perhaps rolling (or 'flying' as i call it) the pex into the 'straight' copper. Or, double-45ing the copper to get up to the same plane as the pex.
    Being a plumber from the 80's, I've had to stare at many piping routes. Heat and water pipes can go in any direction, drain pipes can not, and going through joists and studs thousands of times make me a critical thinker.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Isn't that an AO Smith water heater in picture # 2 ? Must have been prior to your boycott eh...

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Snowmelt
    Options
    Yea, good eye I get my pex and press at Westfield, I didn't feel like going to gps to get the water heater.