Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

No more aosmith

Snowmelt
Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,405
This pic should say it all.
JohnNY

Comments

• Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    Snowmelt said:

This pic should say it all.

Rheems eh? :D

:highfive:
    JohnNY
  • Snowmelt
    I don't like it either but that's what was spec
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,682
    The specs said you must run loose csst down from the ceiling? Do you always obey every spec? :smile:

this was cool 10-15 years ago, at least in the Great Commonwealth.

I remember back is the csst hay day one of my guys piped up a furnace changeout. I was appauled when I went and saw that he used a piece of csst for the drop. When I asked him about it he replied with " yes, there wasn't a straight drop so I used the csst".

I can not recall if I went or if I had him go back to remove the yellow and install the stiff stuff. Sometimes I get too stubborn and just do it myself .
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    [email protected]
  • njtommy
    njtommy Member Posts: 1,105
    I do have a question if you need that much hot water wouldn't it be better to run a tankless or a modulating tank hot water heater?
  • Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998
    I like the wine boxes
    SWEI
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    That's a lot of takeoffs on that manifold....
  • Snowmelt
    i don't think the tankless would keep up with the demand.
    You have to install a few of them, this is the cheapest and easiest way out.
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Rob,
    As long as the manifold and the supplied "s W.C support the demand at load can there be too many take offs ? It's all in the math with gas too .

Snowmelt ,

You certainly could have delivered the same or more hot water for the same or less first cost in another way . I never thought first cost was your biggest concern as opposed to efficiency . 4 tanks of standby loss , terrible . And all that makeup air being drawn from inside the building ?

What gallon units are they and what's the BTUh requirement for those .68 EF POS's ?
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • Snowmelt
    Rich wasn't my set up I was there to help install.
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Rich said:

Rob,
    As long as the manifold and the supplied "s W.C support the demand at load can there be too many take offs ? It's all in the math with gas too .

Rich, I know the math, but that looks like thirteen 1/2" takeoffs from a 3/4" manifold? I was not criticizing, just commenting. I have no idea what the BTU load is.
    Rich_49
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    I notice different theromostatic gas valves on them….Might want to check the manf. dates on the heaters themselves….As for the yellow gas pipe I am not a fan of it, To me its like piping a steamer with copper…..JMO..
    jonny88