Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

need a furnace for my office

Options
hot_rod
hot_rod Member Posts: 22,131
I need it more for AC, but FA would be nice for shoulder season, radiant slab currently is too slow and mass (ive).

Got two Lennox options the EL296E or EL296V variable speed. With 2 stage XC16.

I'd like to add a HW coil on top for solar or wood boiler input.

Any thoughts on brand, model, and air coil options?
Bob "hot rod" Rohr
trainer for Caleffi NA
Living the hydronic dream

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    We installed a Rheem R96V with the EcoNet remote recently and I was impressed with the ease and installation flexibility. The R97V (full modulation) is coming soon.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    I would say if you're gonna use it just for a/c and shoulder seasons, then you probably wouldn't want the top end modulating models. Maybe a 95% with a variable speed or constant torque motor?

I've had good success with Nordyne products for over 15 years.

But, if you really wanna go all the way, their modulating 97% has been out for about 5 years and other than a limit switch, I've had no issues. I put one in my brother's house and he said the comfort level was closer to hydronic heat than forced air.

You have to use the IQ Drive control with it and shielded thermostat cable.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    I would go with the xc17 single stage AC unit and solar ready for electric. I guess your more for water panels. Plus you need one piece of equipment that will handle the iComfort stat which is ...you heard it here first ... the best there is.
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 951
    Options
    That 96V with the Econet control is a slick setup! Be a bit before they have the matching high end A/Cs out though you can use an existing 2 stage RARL or RASL communicating A/C with an adapter that talks to the Econet system. Going with Lennox I'd sure get the variable speed and their communicating control. They have modulating furnace as well, I'd sure put the communicating control on it, otherwise I'm not impressed with how it runs on single or 2 stage stat.