Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Green box in Bloomfield

Options
Robert O'Connor_12
Robert O'Connor_12 Member Posts: 728
edited March 2015 in Strictly Steam
Perfect example of absentee landlord w/o service. Old one dry fired & got so hot it melted the solder joints. Stayed till almost 8:30. My illustrious protégé did the electric & gas. Realized we didn't have the right material but at least the heats on. Temperature was 11 outside.
Not a pretty install, but I post warts an all!
There was an issue with wet return so I changed it to dry. Sorry about the headroom folks!

Comments

• Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Nice clean install but why didn't you make the header the same size as the riser? Can't say I'm crazy about that gas line coming across that low either, but that's just my opinion.
  • Robert O'Connor_12
    Options
    Yeah, it was late
    We were short a length of 3/4 blk
    & a length of 1/2" emt and supply house is out of 3"x2" tees. But all things considered I'm not going to not give them heat when it's this cold out just to make it purdy.i have a slew of freeze ups & no heat calls waiting.
    The boiler runs beautiful. Btw. Water line so steady it looks like a picture. ;)
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,676
    Options
    How well is the new boiler matched to the load?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Robert O'Connor_12
    Options
    Within 20 sq ft