Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Beckett OEM Setup Guide online?

Options
Patchogue Phil_2
Patchogue Phil_2 Member Posts: 304
Is the Beckett OEM Setup Guide available for viewing online somewhere?

All the mentioning of proper components/nozzles etc has made me curious if my own burner is setup correctly.

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Patchogue Phil_2
    Options
    Thank you.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    Phil, what unit do you have?
  • Patchogue Phil_2
    Options
    New Yorker s-118-ap. Has Beckett AFG w/ 0.75 80°B Hago solid nozzle @140psi. Burner was bought separately from the boiler. Not sure if F3 or F4 - burner came from HomeDepot, back in 1997. It was setup professionally after I bought it.

I replaced the chamber myself 4 yrs ago. Local guy wanted insane $$ to replace chamber. It was shot. Diff guy 5 yrs earlier had put a 1.15 nozzle in it at 140psi, to get more domestic hot water. I think that was too much nozzle and hastened the chambers life. Replacing the chamber was messy but not difficult. My cost was just 12% of quoted price.

I chose the 0.75 myself to promote longer run times. It keeps up with the coldest days we have had. Tankless is piped to feed electric water heater as storage tank.

I *should* replace the system, but no $ in budget. Also want to see if NG is doable - PSEG told neighbor if 8 homes sign up they will extend gas line down our way for free. No details yet but they also talked of gas conversion burner head. Would like a whole new more efficient gas system. That's a whole nuther conversation.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    I wouldn't put a conversion burner on it, go with a whole new system when it comes to that. The storage tank is your saving grace for domestic hot water, and as long as you are getting acceptable combustion readings, and it is keeping up, then you have the right nozzle size in it, but I would strongly recommend a Delavan nozzle in a Beckett.
  • Patchogue Phil_2
    Options
    Please explain why you recommend a Delavan over Hago for a Beckett?

The OEM Beckett online guide listed for my boiler/burner is as such : 0.85 X 80ºB(H)

What does the "H" mean? Some boilers listed have that "H", the others do not.
  • Patchogue Phil_2
    Options
    Found my own answer when I clicked on my boiler model:

New Yorker Model: S-118-AP
    The (H) in the Nozzle Description denotes a Hago.