Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Problem with gas valve AQUASTAT RELAY TYPE L8148E

Options
griet5
griet5 Member Posts: 1
I am having trouble with my AQUASTAT RELAY TYPE L8148E 24V gas Valve I need help it would turn on for a few minutes the gas valve and then it would turn off. Can someone help me with this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    Do you have a multimeter? If so check for 24 volts at the gas valve when this is happening, if you have 24 volts and this keeps happening then it is the gas valve. What is the number and make of the gas valve?

If when you check for 24 volts at the valve an this is happening then go to B1 and B2 on the relay and see if the 24 volts keeps shutting off there if so check the setting on the hi limit in the relay. If the setting is correct and there is still a call for heat and the voltage is on and off at B1 and B2 then it is the relay.

Do you have zone valves or circulators if so how many?

What is the boiler water temperature when this is happening?
    ThunderChicken
  • Jrlou1
    Jrlou1 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    My Penco Hydronics Boiler fail to fire up, sometimes if I adjust the damper with my hand it come on for a very short time, what is wrong, do I have to change my aquastat.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    It sounds like the blade on the vent damper is not opening all the way. Make sure the flue connection to the damper is perfectly round and not binding the damper. Pull the damper from flue and make sure the damper does not have any corrosion inside if so scrape it out and see how it goes. Sometimes a little WD40 sprayed the blade will help (very little spray).