Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco dhw pump

Options
rsv101
rsv101 Member Posts: 14
Hello. I have a taco 007f5 taco pump that is used for my dhw. It seems to be prone to getting air locked. Two weeks ago I cleaned my wye strainers so I just down the system. I soon fired it back and bled the air by forcing some fresh water into the system and draining out of another valve at the same time. Now today the pump has air locked twice and as soon as I crack open a valve and release air/pressure it starts working again. Any ideas?

Comments

• Steve Thompson (Taco)
    Options
    Please confirm it's a 007F5, a Cast Iron circ designed for pressurized, closed loop systems, not DHW. Needs to have a stainless steel volute for DHW (007 SF5).

Cast iron on open (DHW) systems will rust up pretty quick - hence the requirement for non-ferrous materials (SS or Bronze).
    icesailorjonny88
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    i have an allen key that fits the circ 4 allen key screws , sometimes i open them 1/4 turn or so each and bump the circ if that didn't work i loosen up the screws a bit more and allow water to leak by,...and bump it again. tighten them back up and that seems to solve the problem.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Weezbo said:

i have an allen key that fits the circ 4 allen key screws , sometimes i open them 1/4 turn or so each and bump the circ if that didn't work i loosen up the screws a bit more and allow water to leak by,...and bump it again. tighten them back up and that seems to solve the problem.

Do you do that on a 007F5 cast iron circulator used on potable hot water?

If it is a 007F5, it is probably cavitating badly from the rust build up and restricted flow. If it is a DHW pump. it is the wrong application.