To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Antique something??

ChrisJChrisJ Posts: 3,245Member ✭✭✭
I found this in one of my crawl spaces mixed in with a pile of galvanized pipe and the big inserts that came from a converted coal boiler I assume. You know, the big iron ones that slide into the large passages.

Anyway, it appears to say Rich Fin and 30 gallons. There is some number before that but I can't make it out.

Does anyone know what this is?
jpg
jpg
IMAG1645.jpg
0B
Weil-McLain EG-40 connected to 392sqft of radiation via two 2" risers into a 3" drop header and 2" equalizer. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment Typical operating pressure 0.5 - 1.0 inch wc.

Steam system pictures updated 1/25/15.
https://picasaweb.google.com/thetube0a3/Boiler?authkey=Gv1sRgCImUxIqv9436MQ#

Don't push the envelope, eliminate it.
· ·

Comments

• Larry WeingartenLarry Weingarten Posts: 985Member ✭✭✭
    I'll guess...

... that it's a heat exchanger for hooking up to a 30 gallon tank for domestic hot water.  It would go in the fire box.  In cook stoves, they were called water fronts or water backs.  Maybe someone else will have a better informed guess!

Yours,  Larry
    · ·
  • icesailoricesailor Posts: 7,221Member ✭✭✭✭
    HX:

I think you have it. Especially if there is no plug in the second port. The ones I saw went on a Florence oil stove, like a side arm heater. Except they went into the side of a stove with the Kerosene pot burners. They were around when I started, but the Boss didn't service them unless we ripped them out.
    · ·
  • ChrisJChrisJ Posts: 3,245Member ✭✭✭
    Interesting

Yep, no plugs in the first two ports, the second two have plugs. Looks like probably 3/4" NPT.

I was surprised I couldn't find anything at all on this. Usually when I find an old name on an item like this I can find something, but not this time.
    Weil-McLain EG-40 connected to 392sqft of radiation via two 2" risers into a 3" drop header and 2" equalizer. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment Typical operating pressure 0.5 - 1.0 inch wc.

Steam system pictures updated 1/25/15.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/thetube0a3/Boiler?authkey=Gv1sRgCImUxIqv9436MQ#

Don't push the envelope, eliminate it.
    · ·