To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

rework closed loop to drainback

catbirdcatbird Posts: 1Member
currently have closed loop system with 5 4'x8' collectors fed by hartell solar coupled pump. need best pump option for 8' head, solar driven if possible, in drainback setup.
· ·

Comments

• SWEISWEI Posts: 4,826Member ✭✭✭✭
    8 feet of head

is right on the edge for a Laing Thermotech D5 http://documentlibrary.xylemappliedwater.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/22/files/2012/07/BR-20A.pdf
    · ·
  • hot rodhot rod Posts: 3,754Member ✭✭✭
    Lower the lift head

By raising the drainback tank as high as possible Those DC solar pumps are not available in a wide selection
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    The magic is in hydronics, and hydronics is in me
    · ·
  • matt_sunwaysolarmatt_sunwaysolar Posts: 33Member
    marchpump.com

March Pump has some of the highest head ratings that I have seen in 12V and 24V powered pumps. I believe the 809-HS model has the most appropriate capabilities.

It is probably true the most important thing can do is to decrease the height that fluid has travel vertically.

With 8' of head at 5gpm, you can run an 115V circulator at about 80 watts max. (Less if you use a variable speed controller.) Something like the grundfos up15-58fc.
    · ·
  • hot rodhot rod Posts: 3,754Member ✭✭✭
    ECM circs

are another option if you have 120V. Maybe pump that system with17W on the Alpha.

On dual pump, high lift head, drain back I have paired and Alpha with a 15-58. Start the siphon with both running and drop back to the Alpha at speed 1 or 2.
    png
    png
    Screen shot 2014-08-30 at 8.44.28 AM.png
    0B
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    The magic is in hydronics, and hydronics is in me
    · ·