Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

recent job

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Nice Job:

You really know how to thread and screw pipe.

Really nice job.
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    condensate loop

there are two of them ,used for the wet loop in the basement…the pic of the radiators shows one high,that was a c/i rad. heated off of drip line..the below rads are panel rads attached to the wet loop..we removed the c/i rad…Very common to see in the Boston area….
  • Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,405
    Great job

I would like too see the air vents, did you install new, where's the wet return , ( Hartford loop anywhere).?

Just asking because that's where I'm confused ?
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Curious about the plate radiator

looks like a Myson -- mounted under the other radiator.  Is that fed with steam, or catching condensate on the way down?
  • j a_2
    pics

we removed the existing c/i rad in the pic.and installed two flat panel rads on a wet loop in basement…off the steam boiler….on there own zone..

Yes of course there is a h/loop, tied in 2 in below the N W L….and yes two main vents were installed 18 in back and 9 in up on the dry returns prior to 90s dropping down

About the 15in question what kind/size boiler is asking for that, or are you working off a suggested kit drawn up by someone….
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,589
    edited June 2014

I'd be willing to bet you can shrink that 15" as you oversize the header.

If they spec that for a 2" header I'm sure it's not near as important with a 3" or 4" header.  Also if they are asking for a single riser out of the boiler, using two would make it less important as well as you will be pulling less water out.  A drop header likely will also make it less important.

Is there a reason you can't shift the boiler over to gain that 15"?

The rules for piping a boiler can be modified.  The basic idea is you want the water to stay in the boiler and any water that does end up in the header shouldn't make its way into the mains.   That 15" is likely to allow water to settle into the bottom of the header before steam gets pulled up into the main(s).  An oversized drop header should have far less problems with this than a standard header.

J.A., beautiful piping!
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • j a_2
    pics

Give us the model number of the ecr…Maybe we an help….
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,589
    Ah

That's exactly what I did with mine.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • j a_2
    pics

Or learn