Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

MunchkinT80 Error codes

Drippy
Drippy Member Posts: 3
My boiler is not making DHW and I have an error code of F-13. Any guesses?

Comments

• BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,476
    Fan speed?

I don't know anything about them but I did find this -

http://www.heatinghelp.com/forum-thread/141189/Munchkin-926-upgrade-gives-F13-error

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • Slimpickins
    Slimpickins Member Posts: 339
    edited May 2014
    Swirl plate

Sounds like a bad swirl plate on the inducer. Its been a few years since I've seen that problem and tech support can walk you through it but they probably won't because you're not a contractor. Liability ya know.
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Many times

after replacing the fan motor assembly and cleaning swirl plate and the like the control module needs replacing also . You just gotta fix one problem at a time . Star with the swirl plate , try to fire , replace fan motor assembly , try it , control module is next .  Try to find a service guy in your area .  Has this boiler been maintained and / or serviced regularly ? Should have been .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    DIY Errors:

Futzing around with these boilers really isn't a DIY job and not even for someone that thinks they know what they are doing.

Its not difficult, but if you run into difficulties, you are really going down the tubes. Unless you are an experienced professional, hire one. You won't be sorry.