To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Does Onix Tubing oxygen barrier work?

SteelerooSteeleroo Posts: 1Member
Has anyone had trouble with ferrous parts rusting when using Onix radiant tubing? I am repiping our system that has staple up Onix and finding the pumps are rusting pretty severely after just 3 years and there is lots of rust slime coating all the pipes. I've had plumbers blame the Onix, saying it doesn't have an oxygen barrier. But Watts Radiant clearly is marketing a product with sophisticated oxygen barrier. The tubing is only a few years old, so not the old school rubber which definitely had problems.
· ·

Comments

• SWEISWEI Posts: 4,938Member ✭✭✭✭
    Makeup water

If you shut off the automatic water feeder, how long does the system hold pressure?
    · ·
  • SnowmeltSnowmelt Posts: 663Member ✭✭
    I can't

Comment on what you bought but I have an onix system in operation, it just finished it's sixth year.

So yes it works.
    · ·
  • kcoppkcopp Posts: 1,706Member ✭✭✭
    I have worked....

on a  number of Onix tubing systems. If there is a barrier I do not think it works very well. I have replaced corroded pumps, flow checks and seen expansion tanks and spirovents clog up w/ rust. Your system should be flushed and cleaned. Then a good O2 inhibitor added. Rhomar or Fernox come to mind.
    · ·