To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Old baseboard steam radiator cold

FurnaceladyFurnacelady Posts: 28Member
Big old home, 2nd floor, front bedroom, outside wall and 18 feet long. Absolutely no heat. Replace the vent which was stuck in the end of the enclosure, very tight. It was 1 inch tall type coin vent for steam. Located one and replaced that. I had gotten some air through it before, but not now. Cracked the union at the 1 1/2" valve and the valve got hot and there was much steam. Can't find any radiator that resembles this that has a baseboard enclosure like a slant fin. What could cause a blockage. I am thinking that that house settled in the front and the radiator is tilted away from this one pipe system and it filled with water. However, no water came out when valve union was cracked. I bet this thing weighs a ton. Any ideas?
· ·

Comments