To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Happy Earth Day...

Mark EathertonMark Eatherton Posts: 4,930Member ✭✭✭
Do SOMETHING for Mother Earth today, won't you?

ME
It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
·

Comments

• Dan HolohanDan Holohan Posts: 11,944Moderator mod
    I remember the first one.

My joints didn't creak then. Ah, those were the days! 
    Site Administrator

dan@heatinghelp.com

Hug your kids.
    ·
  • kgk14kgk14 Posts: 24Member
    Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Replace

Today and everyday... good for the environment and the wallet!
    ·
  • Dan HolohanDan Holohan Posts: 11,944Moderator mod
    If it's yellow, let it mellow.

If it's brown, flush it down!
    Site Administrator

dan@heatinghelp.com

Hug your kids.
    ·
  • Mark EathertonMark Eatherton Posts: 4,930Member ✭✭✭
    I met then President Jimmy Carter when the first one hit...

And it was on my Birthday to boot.

I shook hands with him and told him it was my birthday, and he said "Well happy birthday young man…" And I WAS a young man back then…http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=30746

I don't really consider myself a tree hugger, but my parents raised all of us kids with the modus operandi of "Want not, waste not", which I instilled into my kids, and they are instilling into their kids. And as the other person posted, reduce, reuse, recycle and conserve is now a good way of life.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
    ·
  • KC_JonesKC_Jones Posts: 1,667Member ✭✭✭
    lol

Dan that's funny, I grew up on a septic system installed in a soil with a very high clay content.  My parents still practice this.  My dad's goal is to never ever have to replace or have the septic worked on, it's worked for 37 years.  I still do this even though I am on city sewer.  Old habits are hard to break.  Apparently we have been "green" all these years.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Maxitrol hi/lo fire controlled from vaporstat w/manual override switch
    0-15 oz gauge
    265 sq ft of connected load
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10202744301871904.1073741828.1330391881&type=1&l=c34ad6ee78
    Remodeling pictures.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1046843614581.2009535.1330391881&type=1&l=c6fcc39ead
    What box?
    ·