To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Floor Support?

VelvetFootVelvetFoot Posts: 18Member
I'm going to be routing some 1.5" copper pipe in my basement and I'll need a floor support or two.  I was thinking wood.  Would there be a pro way to do this.  Don't want to make it look like a total cob job.  Partial, sure.

Thanks.
·

Comments

• delta Tdelta T Posts: 59Member
    Unistrut

I usually make an "I" out of unistrut. You can weld it together or use angle brackets and bolts. if you do this then you can anchor the bottom using screws and washers or concrete anchors (depending on the floor) and use a unistrut clamp to clamp the pipe to the unistrut on top. You end up with a very good solid support that will not rot or move. I have seen to many wooden supports that are rotted to want to ever put on in myself.
    ·
  • VelvetFootVelvetFoot Posts: 18Member
    Thanks!

Much!
    ·