To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
Need to contact us? Visit

Draft Hood

I am replacing my existing oil burner with a Carlin gas burner. Is it necessary to replace the existing draft regulator with a draft hood? I was told I need to install a draft hood with a spill switch but I do not have the height. If I install the draft hood the vent will be pitched the wrong way.



  • SteamheadSteamhead Member Posts: 11,017
    Not a draft hood

    a double-swing barometric with blocked-flue switch.

    If you're thinking of doing the conversion yourself- don't. This is not a DIY project. Hire a knowledgeable, experienced pro who has the proper equipment to set up a burner.
    All Steamed Up, Inc.
    "Reducing our country's energy consumption, one system at a time"
    Steam, Vapor & Hot-Water Heating Specialists
    Oil & Gas Burner Service
    Baltimore, MD (USA) and consulting anywhere.
  • Jim DavisJim Davis Member Posts: 578

    Steamhead is absolutely correct.  Whoever recommended a drafthood should be avoided for any further advise!!!
Sign In or Register to comment.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!