To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Adding cast iron baseboard to one-pipe steam system

NJSteamhouseNJSteamhouse Posts: 23Member
I just purchased a 2' section of Weil McClain CIBB with 3/4" taps to add to a small bathroom on the second floor that currently has no heat. I have a 1-1/4" steam pipe that ends under the bathroom floor where I'd like to add the baseboard.

How do I pipe between the 1-1/4" supply line and the baseboard? Do I bring the 1-1/4 up through the floor to the baseboard and than drop the size down to 3/4" or should I drop the size down before going up through the floor? And where do I add a valve; before or after the bushing?

Is it even possible to use this 2' baseboard on a one-pipe system? I read some comments about piping it 2-pipe and attaching it back to the supply line. That would be difficult for my situation since currently the 1-1/4" pipe is in a joist bay and the end of the radiator would be in a separate bay and I'd rather not drill through the joists for this. My assumption was that I could just pipe into one side of the baseboard and install it tilted back like a radiator. Then the condensate would flow back toward the pipe.

Thanks for your help.
· ·

Comments