To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Pump with integral air vent

I like these Everon pumps. That air vent is just where it should be.

Found on a Navien boiler.

Sorry, can't seem to get it rotated properly.
JPG
JPG
IMG_3226.JPG
0B
Often wrong, never in doubt.
· ·

Comments

• Dan HolohanDan Holohan Posts: 11,944Moderator
    Memories

B&G had what they called their Air Control Booster Package when I was starting out. The impeller spun the air to the putter edge of the volute and a volute-mounted vent spit it out. The price was too high and they discontinued it. Neat idea., though.

Everything old is new again.
    Site Administrator

dan@heatinghelp.com

Hug your kids.
    · ·
  • hot rodhot rod Posts: 3,782Member ✭✭✭
    not to forget

John Runkes AutoPurger
    png
    png
    Screen shot 2014-03-22 at 7.37.12 AM.png
    0B
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    The magic is in hydronics, and hydronics is in me
    · ·
  • icesailoricesailor Posts: 7,265Member ✭✭✭✭
    Where's the air?

Again I ask, "Where's the air"? Where's it coming from? There can only be so much air inside a closed hot water heating system. Is it forming on the impellor vanes because the system pressure is too low or there is too much restriction in the badly designed piping array? I would have been getting panic attacks if I was thinking about all the stories I hear here about Power Purges and special schemes for getting air out of systems. What did I do wrong that I didn't get to experience the agony of special power purges. I purged it once, never left the boiler and was done. Not ever to go back.

Sadly, what have I missed? Not running up and down stairs to keep adding more water because of an old (needed to be replaced) fill valve.
    · ·