Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Raypak Boiler Low Temperature Reading

simonizer77
simonizer77 Member Posts: 3
<span style="color:#484848">I posted on gas wall and got no answer.  Any help is appreciated.

Before I call my plumber yet again (when it rains it pours), I'm hoping you can help. I'm new to this taking over for my father who died last year leaving no knowledge behind. All temp gauges on boiler and in floor heating pumps are showing around 74 degrees. This is about half of normal. Is this anything I can fix, or should I call the professional. Runs on propane which is fine. Pilot light on and system is powered and running, just low heat temp. Thanks!</span>

Comments

• unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    You have

Not given a fountain of info with your post. So we have to start somewhere. Is the thermostat set in heat and higher then room temp?
  • M Lane
    M Lane Member Posts: 123
    74 is cold water.

Means its not firing. Something in the sequence of operation is keeping the gas valve from opening. Often with standing pilot Raypaks, the flow switch is the culprit. A trick I do sometimes is a quick lifting of the relief valve lever, the jump if you do it right can un-stick the flow switch. But if you don't know what you are doing you could cause a flood.

By any chance do you know how to read a voltmeter?
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    I answered you

in the gas section.