To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
Need to contact us? Visit

Heating-Cooling Loss and Gain

TonySTonyS Member Posts: 849
How many of you live in areas where a heat loss is required for a permit and how is that implemented? I would like to have it in our area but need a few ideas how to bring it before the board?


  • nicholas bonham-carternicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 6,373
    edited March 2014
    A very good idea

    Could it be done by a separate person from the installer?

    Obviously a radiator survey should be done for steam systems.--NBC
  • SWEISWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    I believe the RPA

    is currently working on this, in the form of a radiant heating and solar code.
  • dondon Member Posts: 395
    Heat loss/gain

    In my area we are rquire to perform manual J,Manual D and a manual S before a permit is ever issue.We are also require to do a duct leakage test or a visual inspection by the inspector on all duct joint.Guess which one they rather have.
Sign In or Register to comment.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!