To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
Switching from Oil to Gas
I live on Long Island and have an old boiler with oil heating. My house is 3125 sq feet with base board heating I am looking to switch over to gas. I was wondering what everyone would recommend. I have several contractors come through and they all have different recommendations. Some contradicting the other.
1. One contractor recommended a condensing boiler(95% efficiency) with and indirect water heater.
2. Other contractor say that a condensing would be a waste of money for me because I have base board heating so return water temp would be too high so boiler would be operating in non condensing mode at 85% efficiency.
3. Another contractor recommended and Burham es25 boiler and and Ao smith water heater. Another recommeded an Burhman es26 boiler and an indirect water heater with an out door reset.
4. Another recommended a Burhman Series 2 Model 206 with an indirect hw.
5. Any thoughts on geothermal heating since I may have to switch my air conditioning unit shortly
Any opinions on what the best option for me would be greatly appreciated.