To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

superstor or amtrol

I'm putting in a indirect, so I've been doing some research trying to decide what to get. Both tanks seem to have a reputation for leaking in the past, so i was wondering if they fixed the issues.
· ·

Comments

• EricEric Posts: 30Member
    after more reveiw

After doing a lot more searching i have decided on the htp superstor. My next question would be about the size do i need a 30 or 45? I will be using a Biasi B3 boiler, 1 bath room in the house and the biggest user of hot water is the big tub ( it uses 3 gal a min. just on hot. My hot water now is tankless in the boiler so i have no idea what size to get. The tub would pull the water through the boiler than the water would heat up so i never opened it all the way. my cold water sets in a tank next to wood stove so the water is at 60 most of the time.
    · ·
  • Big EdBig Ed Posts: 743Member ✭✭
    Size to the biggest load

Size the tank to the biggest load , Either how much water to fill the tub or length of shower . Say tub size is 50 gallon your not going to fill to top ,40 gallon would work..To figure shower its GPM x time ....Say you have 2.5 GPH flow rate shower head and you take a 15 min shower , 2.5gphx15m= 37.5 gallon tank , To figure flow rate take a 5 gallon bucket open shower and time how many gallons in a min ...
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
    · ·