To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Steam boiler replacement quote

KC_JonesKC_Jones Posts: 1,545Member ✭✭✭
So my boiler is leaking as diagnosed by myself and as backup I had a service technician in to verify.  I had the contractor work me up a quote and maybe I am crazy, but just based on the quote I wouldn't hire him to change a light bulb.  Could some of the professionals on here look at what he gave me and give their opinion?  I was expecting something more specific with more itemizing.  He doesn't even say which thermostat he is installing.  Another thing I noticed is the boiler seems way over sized.  I am currently running a Weil Mclain EG-45 (150,000 BTU input) and he quoted a 160,000 BTU unit.  The reason I say way over sized is according to my calculations for my radiators i need 63000 BTU which is very close to a Weil Mclain EG-35 (100,000 BTU input).  Also (not sure if i should mention this part lol) I have been running my current boiler with 2 burners disconnected for 10 years now and have never had any issues heating the house, but my gas bill dropped when I did that.  So with 2 burners off I figure I am in the 100,000 BTU range and have proven that out over 10 years.  The contractor did measure all my radiators, but I am guessing either he miscounted or carried a 1 wrong or something?  Long post I know, but I mainly want opinions on this quote and the contractor.  Personal and business information removed from quote to protect the innocent (and guilty).  Thank you for your time.
png
png
boiler quote.png
0B
2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
Maxitrol hi/lo fire controlled from vaporstat w/manual override switch
0-15 oz gauge
265 sq ft of connected load
Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10202744301871904.1073741828.1330391881&type=1&l=c34ad6ee78
Remodeling pictures.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1046843614581.2009535.1330391881&type=1&l=c6fcc39ead
· ·

Comments