Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Riello Burner making noise

RRyan83
RRyan83 Member Posts: 1
Hello, I have a Riello F40 Oil Burner and it is making a intermittent noise. After inspection with a friend we 'think' that the coupling is bad. Seems pretty easy to fix but can't find a place inside the United States that has the part. I'm not even sure what part I need. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated....Thanks, Rob

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Whatchya need....

Is to call a qualified tech.  Could be something completely different.  A Riello burner needs the right person and it will run great.  Or the wrong person and it won't.  The adjustments between the 2 are very minor.  You need the right training, skill, and experience or you will waste time and become very aggravated.

Riello pumps don't have a coupling, which is why you cant find one.  But the part you do need is readily available.
    steve
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    one thing as with all oil burners

with removable covers is that you can remove the cover take it outside and clean it periodically.

like us it needs to be able to breath , it has a bit of a dust collector in the box and it is black . if it looks brown or any other colour it is probably going to be able to breath better just by cleaning it ....

give that a try ...

it cannot hurt it to do that much ...

Weezbo.
  • earl burnermann
    earl burnermann Member Posts: 126
    riello pump couplers

Riellos do have pump couplings. But they are one piece and very compact. I have never had to change one yet. If you are hearing a screeching type of noise the motor may be on its way out.
    If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Yes Earl.....

Was just making a point that its called something else, which is why he couldn't find one and a qualified tech would know that :)
    steve