To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
I am getting some mysterious rapid on off action from the oil burner.
I turn on the emergency switch and the burner could either go on and fire for a minute or so and then go on and off..it sometimes even stops for a bit..then goes on again then off in rapid succession .I hear a clicking sound from the relay in the honeywell primary R8184G1286.
I'll list what I have checked and done.
1. Less than a month ago I put in a new nozzle,electrodes,inline filter and pump filter. All adjusted to specs. I put in a 1.10 gph 80 degree SS nozzle to replace the hollow one. All was working great and the steam system was running great.
2.Either by coincidence or not I first noticed this on and off in rapid succession the day I changed the pressuretrol slightly to adjust cut out pressure to less than 2 lbs..I since then changed the pressuretrol back to original numbers.
3. I hooked up an ohmmeter to the cad cell and it is clean and working. I tested with the light and without the light on and looks fine.
4. i checked the transformer and a good spark jumped across when i moved a screwdriver toward the springs. Looked good.
5. The system was properly bled as well.
6. I bypassed the thermostat and the burner went on and then started on and off.
7. I checked all the wires leading to the burner,junction boxes,etc..all wires tight..continuity in both thermostat wires at T terminals to thermostat..no breaks in the wires.
8, I disconnected the cad cell wires and the burner went on for awhile..then went on safety. From what I undertand that is good.
9. I jumped the two cad cell terminals and made sure relay was off safety. Put the switch on and furnace did not go on. According to what it said this means the primary is good.
10. Motor sounds quiet and strong,pump has good flow although no pressure check.
11. I did notice at a couple of times some puff back from the chamber door when it was going on and off. I previously adjusted the air to about 6 or so and saw no soot in the exhaust behind damper.
I do hope that someone here will be able to please help me regarding what this could be so that I can fix it tomorrow and get the needed parts if necessary. Thanks very much.
0 · ·