To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

HYDRO THERM BOILER PROBLEM

boiler off despite thermostat calling for heat.RA832A relay engage but pumm[big,red] is off.riser hot,return ice cold.ok. make of the boiler:HYDRO THERM. model:HC100 and serial :OX3939.[input 100 000 BTU] with it goes thermostat LUXPRO[i just changed it thought it would help but it did not].Limit control :LISTED 169H set up for 180"F and it has red[big]pump.Today still riser was hot but boiler off[relay contacts engaged though] and pump off.When i turn switch off and back on all came to life right away..Please give me an idea what should i do?Thank You

Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/boilers-home-heating-steam-hot-water-systems/512429-hydro-therm-boiler-problem.html#ixzz2mej36lzO
· ·

Comments

• Tim McElwainTim McElwain Posts: 3,218Member ✭✭✭
    Have you tried oiling

the motor and the bearings? It may be knocking off at the pump on protecto-relay. You can use 10W-30 oil.
    · ·
  • comradeninocomradenino Posts: 4Member
    edited December 2013
    yes i did

i put 2 drops at the beginning of season but i will try again tomorrow.thanks.it kicks oh right away after i turn off and back on switch.
    · ·
    please help

i kept quiet for a few days in hope it will work but not so.i did lower a,stat and kept it 1 day at 170*F then increased to 190*F and kept 1 day.filed contacts a little and tight them.also oiled pump.nothing worked.still have get down to switch and turn it off and on for pump get on and gas valve to open.any more suggestions?any will be appreciated.Thanks
    · ·
  • earl burnermannearl burnermann Posts: 126Member
    Time

to call for service. Cost a couple of bucks but you will get your heat back full time.
    If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!
    · ·
    ok.guess it is time

will do
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!