Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ecuacool - Jstar - Water Hammer, Wet Steam, Etc

Options
ALIGA
ALIGA Member Posts: 194
With the start of the new heating season, every morning woke up to 5 minute banging of pipes. No alarm clock needed in the morning, woke me up every single day.

Contacted Jstar, he came onsite, analyzed the problem, and gave me a quote, and a day he can begin the job on the spot. I gave him the ok to proceed.

A week later he came and completed the job, pics attached below. I was not home when the job was completed. But my wife sang nothing but praises for Jstar.

Basically the problem lied at the end of the main, did not have proper slope for the supply and return. Jstar eliminated the tee, replaced it with an elbow, relocated the vents, and pitched it properly.

After he left there was still some banging in the pipes, roughly a week later, the banging is GONE!

I also had a problem with disappearing water. After the pipe work, and me skimming the system a few times, the water stays put.

I highly recommend Jstar, he might be based out in NJ, but us NYers have someone to count on. Thank you again Joe!

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Steam

Always a pleasure to help a fellow Wallie.

Was there still a noise coming from the bedroom radiator?
  • ALIGA
    ALIGA Member Posts: 194
    edited November 2013
    Options
    No sounds at all

After replacing the radiator valve on the third floor bedroom right above the one in question, no sounds.

As you mentioned on another post, can't blame the boiler, have to take a look at entire system.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,677
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Joe

Joe is the only one in New Jersey that I would want working on my steam system.   When he works on a system you know its going to come out right.  If there were more like him we would have far less steam to hot air conversions.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • MDNLansing
    MDNLansing Member Posts: 297
    Options
    I wish

I wish he worked in Michigan!
This discussion has been closed.