Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Have nay of you installed a Dettson electric boiler ,

Weezbo
Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
called the Hydra Revolution ?

it looks like it would be a good thing to make a tool out of for boiler freezups ,and i am interested in the 65lb one .

it has a professional looking skin and can be used in horizontal or vertical position so it might be something i could tuck under some stairs ,add water , tie to a header connect some cable to a breaker and get heat rolling.

Weezbo.

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Never heard of them

but it looks like a nice unit.  The challenge for temporary use will be wiring, especially for the larger units -- though it takes a lot less to prevent freezing than it does to heat a space to a comfortable temperature.
  • Weezbo
    i agree ,

the electrical side might mean the cable weighs as much as the boiler. : )

my old 20 gallon water heater tool has quite a few years on it now , when i made it the heating elements that would fit the openings of that high a wattage were becoming scarce

as hens teeth.

plus it was either on and the circ running or off with the circ running or off completely , i feel like i am abandoning an old friend in considering this electric boiler.

the electric boiler has largger kW more controls and the outdoor reset and the ability to accept a t stat and and control a off on switching for a boiler /burner seems somewhat enticing to me.

like my buddy i too am seeing the years , so the new kid might make me look good .

*~//: )) -...

thats me ,by the way, with a tie and 3 button blazer.oh and my hat :)

Because East Coast has things that become available sooner quite often and this is a relatively new boiler i am just wondering about how it preforms in actual working conditions and if folks are habby with it and if they had to buy add on parts and pieces and if the control board has preformed flawlessly ...

that would be useful to know especially if there is any chance the young guy has behavioural issues : ) which reminds me of Hermn my wirsbo uncoiler he gets sorta cranky from time to time ever since the early days on the job.. buh at least he does his job and rolls around to the right : ))

Weezbo.

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    edited November 2013
    Electric boilers

don't cost all that much.  Thermolec is another Canadian brand with a good track record (and their stainless pressure vessels don't weigh a lot.)  For the task you're describing, I'd be inclined to see if the factory or my rep could scare up an older model or a demo and hack up some switches to cut elements in and out depending on the available power at the job.
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Electro Industries

I've had no issues with the Electro boiler. This one was in the Black Hills of South Dakota. My customer here in the Chicago area hired me to install a radiant heating system for him at his vacation home on the top of a mountain.
    Steve Minnich
  • Weezbo
    Very clean and tidy.

straight . supported . gauges purge. wiring high to the right . clean.

plenty space to work .

Weezbo .

*~//: )
This discussion has been closed.