To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Is there a truly graphical heat-loss program?

Bob VennerbeckBob Vennerbeck Posts: 89Member ✭✭
Is there a truly graphical heat-loss program?

I don't do a lot of heat-loss calculations, but those I do, I want to do well, and I want to be able to explain them to 'civilians'.

For the first point, whenever I enter data into HVAC-Calc, or Hydronics Design Studio, I fear (often correctly) that I've mis-measured a wall or window, or forgotten some element entirely. A simple triple check calms that fear, but makes me wish the applications could show a 3-D view of the building, with color-scaled elements to show where the heat-loss is greatest. Not only would it help the designer/data-entry-drone, but it could be used to show the homeowner where the best opportunities for envelope improvement were.

Anyone seen anything like this? Or have the chops to write it? [I sure don't....]

Stay warm!

Vbob
·

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!