To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Weil McLain Wall Hung WEMECO110

GRPGRP Posts: 2Member
Weil-McLain ECO110 Natural Gas Wall Mount Boiler--110 MBH

Class-Leading High Efficiency Wall Mount BoilerDurable Stainless Steel Fire Tube Heat Exchanger110,000, BTUH modelExceeds Energy Star requirements at 95% AFUE efficiency ratingDisplay can be mounted on the boiler or wall (up to 2’ away)Components positioned for fast and easy serviceMultiple vent configurations and material optionsExceeds Energy Star requirementsAt 95% efficient,

Low water cut off (probe style) with test buttonPaintable polypropylene sidewall vent termination2" and 3" concentric vent termination- for one penetration through the sidewall or roofLarge LCD display makes system set up and navigation simpleNavigate diagnostic information with simple push buttonsQuick set up for for heat and domestic hot water priorityDispaly can be mounted in the boiler, or wall (up to 2' away)

Has anyone tried this model or have any comments?
jpg
jpg
WeilMclain_Eco_large.jpg
0B
· ·

Comments

• steveraysteveray Posts: 8Member
    skeptic

I just heard about this boiler, and set up a seminar on this the wm95 and ultra for my guys. I have some reservations about it because its so new and usually there are a lot of bugs that need to get worked out with these new boilers. The Bosch Greenstar has been on the market for years and is comparable and in the smaller outputs cheaper than this boiler. But, as I have mentioned before you can't beat Weil's tech support. The only other thing I'll say is I'm very wary of this new fad in hydronics, condensing boilers are very expensive, have a lot of moving parts, and are not as efficient as they claim when used for high temp applications. To me a chimney and a thermocouple are two of mans greatest inventions. 
    · ·
  • IronmanIronman Posts: 2,176Member ✭✭✭
    Advertisement?

Is this an advertisement? It sure looks like it.

If so, it's unethical and against site rules.
    Bob Boan

You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    · ·
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,664Member ✭✭✭✭
    Steveray

Remember in high temp applications you dont always need say 170* average water temps for all the heating season. This is where a mod/con can save even in high temp apps. Most of the savings is in the ability to modulate the burner. The condensing is a little more icing on the efficiency cake. Being able to run avg water temps to say 140 if radiation is plentiful is a savings.
    · ·
  • GRPGRP Posts: 2Member
    Not Advertising this product

NO I am an installer just trying to get some feed back on this unit. It seems to be priced right at around $2600 cdn  I was hoping on getting some comments before picking one up.Thanks
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!