Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Quick Question onBethroom Sink Leak

Options
nycpa
nycpa Member Posts: 108
Hi Guys, i know this is a heating website but got a quick question on a leak that is coming from the stopper valve connection of my bath room sink.  Its made of some cheap plastic part that loosens when water runs for a while then starts to leak.  I attached a picture, i plan on taking it to the plumbing supply store tomorrow.  Other than the small black pipe and a new stopper piece that goes into the pipe, do I need anything else?  Plan to replace with metal pipe.  Thanks for the help.  

Comments

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    Sye ,

i think that you can tighten that by hand .

the part is not very spendy . to replace,

there is a small plastic ring that allows the travel of the stopper under the sink , sometimes you can tighten them by hand then get a hold of the chrome clip with holes in it and adjust the travel on the push pull rod on the faucet,

sometimes there is a lock nut on that rod instead it is like a key looking deal and once you twist it open it can be re positioned and re tightened.

hope you are lucky the first time : )
  • nycpa
    nycpa Member Posts: 108
    Options
    tried to tighten by hand

I tried to tighten it by hand but it keeps getting loose it won't tighten straight it screws on crooked when I tighten too much it pops and loosens again
  • vaporvac
    vaporvac Member Posts: 1,520
    Options
    plumbing forum

Hi Sye. There's a plumbing section on this site now. Maybe if you repost there, more people will help.
    Two-pipe Trane vaporvacuum system; 1466 edr
    Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF
This discussion has been closed.