To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Radiant Floor Question

ONETEEONETEE Posts: 1Member
I am at the end of a renovation and planning to retrofit radiant heat under an 3/4" oak floor (with 3/4" sub). My HVAC friend was able to get me left over 5/8" Wirsbo hePex. I know it is meant primarily for concrete use and not necessarily for staple up, which is what I am going to do. I bought 1/2" heat transfer plates a year ago in preparation that I could sell if I don't use them. Here's my question....... do I hang the 5/8" pex or do I stick with the original plan and go out and purchase the 1/2" pex? My buddy did mention that he has friend that makes transfer plates, but I was simply going to hang them.

Thanks
·

Comments

• SWEISWEI Posts: 5,002Member ✭✭✭✭
    Plates and tubing

Assuming it's actually 5/8" hePEX, I do not know of any plates which will fit it.  Anything which is made up will almost certainly be a U-plate rather than a C-plate (aka Omega plate) and would work well only if installed underneath the wood flooring, before it is installed.  1/2" barrier tubing will cost less than new plates anyway.

What kind of plates do you have?
    ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!