To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

How Thermostat works

Andrew boilerAndrew boiler Posts: 44Member
How does a thermostat works if I have it at 68 will it come on when it's below 68?

I have a Honywell thermostat no idea hot to check it I need help
·

Comments

• SWEISWEI Posts: 5,002Member ✭✭✭✭
    On and off

is all a conventional thermostat can manage.  Look for a setting called swing, which determines how far above and below the setpoint the stat will wait before it turns on or off.
    ·
  • heatman101heatman101 Posts: 19Member
    More info would be helpful...

What is the t-stat doing now???

What is the model number of the t-stat?

By knowing these things we can help you possibly fine tune the t-stat to work more like you want it to...
    ·
  • Andrew boilerAndrew boiler Posts: 44Member
    How thermostat

My thermostat is a Honeywell TH1100D1001

Don't know that much about it
    ·
  • heatman101heatman101 Posts: 19Member
    +/-1

That is what your t-stat is supposed to hold.It may take a few days to get there.

You also may be able to change the cycles setting. Check the attached installation manual for instructions for doing that.

http://s3.pexsupply.com/product_files/TH1100D,TH1110D,TH1210D,TH2110D,TH2210DInstall4.pdf
    ·
  • VA_BearVA_Bear Posts: 50Member
    edited October 2013
    Where did you find the +/-1 deg spec?

Honeywell's manual and website do not specify the swing and electronic thermostats can vary from +/-0.5 to +/- 2 degrees.
    VABear
    ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!