To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Need feedback

Andrew boilerAndrew boiler Posts: 44Member
I have. A thermostat is set at 68 how often will it call for heat like every hour?

If I am not home what should I set it to?
· ·

Comments

• TimcoTimco Posts: 2,726Member ✭✭✭
    Heat loss

How often your system calls for heat is directly based on the heat loss of your home, or how well insulated your home is. If not well insulated or old with single pane glass, it will loose heat faster and run far more often.

Don't set stat back more than 10*.
    Working on steam and hot-water systems isn't rocket science....it's actually much harder.
    · ·
  • Andrew boilerAndrew boiler Posts: 44Member
    Update

My master bedroom has it's own zone and it's a big room.

What should I set my thermostat to?
    · ·
  • Ron Jr.Ron Jr. Posts: 524Member
    Set it

to what you're comfortable with . Mine is at 65 when I'm home . 75 if the girls are home ! 
    · ·
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,566Member ✭✭✭
    Thermostat

Swing plays into this, or anticipator setting depending on what kind of thermostat.

If it's a modern one the swing adjustment is what determines how many degrees below set point the heat call . The lower the swing number the tighter the tolerance to set point. The higher the swing adjustment number the more tolerance above and below set point before the boiler fires.
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!