Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lost A Very Good Friend

this past Thursday

My very good friend Tyrome Harris died early Thursday morning. Just released 6 weeks ago from the hospital for a massive heat attack age 44. Fell out of a tree trying to cut down a broken limb. He was always willing to help and never ask nor expect nothing in return. I love him like a son. Had a long father / son talk with him when he got out of the hospital. Told him he needed to cut back on the hard liquor and young women. He just-ed grinned at me and said dad " you don't live for ever "

I will miss my little buddy, He was a great pipe fitter, damn good cook, good welder, great diesel mechanic but most of all a friend: A man I had respect for and that's hard to find any more. Tyrome was a young wet behind the ear black man from lower Alabama when I first meet him. He hated the word Afro/American so out to respect to him I use the word black man

I hired him one early August morning and after a week working for me. I overheard him talking to some of the other fellas in the back how he thought I was prejudice, ole Anthony Long just replied it will be okay kid he Is just a mean ole sob to everybody. I will see you one day again my friend.

PEACE BE WITH YOU TYROME HARRIS

DAVID C. BROOME

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Sorry for your loss, David.

Thanks for sharing this story. May he rest in peace.

You're a good man.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Ron Jr._3
    Ron Jr._3 Member Posts: 603
    Very sorry to hear about your friend

He sounded like a real good man Dave . 
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    My condolences

Sorry to hear of your loss
This discussion has been closed.