To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Lost A Very Good Friend

this past Thursday

My very good friend Tyrome Harris died early Thursday morning. Just released 6 weeks ago from the hospital for a massive heat attack age 44. Fell out of a tree trying to cut down a broken limb. He was always willing to help and never ask nor expect nothing in return. I love him like a son. Had a long father / son talk with him when he got out of the hospital. Told him he needed to cut back on the hard liquor and young women. He just-ed grinned at me and said dad " you don't live for ever "

I will miss my little buddy, He was a great pipe fitter, damn good cook, good welder, great diesel mechanic but most of all a friend: A man I had respect for and that's hard to find any more. Tyrome was a young wet behind the ear black man from lower Alabama when I first meet him. He hated the word Afro/American so out to respect to him I use the word black man

I hired him one early August morning and after a week working for me. I overheard him talking to some of the other fellas in the back how he thought I was prejudice, ole Anthony Long just replied it will be okay kid he Is just a mean ole sob to everybody. I will see you one day again my friend.

• Dan HolohanDan Holohan Posts: 11,944Moderator mod
    Sorry for your loss, David.

Thanks for sharing this story. May he rest in peace.

You're a good man.
    Site Administrator

Hug your kids.
  • Ron Jr.Ron Jr. Posts: 527Member ✭✭
    Very sorry to hear about your friend

He sounded like a real good man Dave . 
  • billtwocasebilltwocase Posts: 2,133Member ✭✭✭
    My condolences

Sorry to hear of your loss
This discussion has been closed.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!