To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Two Pipe Steam - Air Vents and some other confusion

So I've owned my home for almost 2 years now and it has a 2 pipe steam systems. The system works Ok but just is not right. The heat is inconsistent throughout the house and nine of the radiators seem to heat up at the same time. It is more like they heat up in the same order every time and certain rooms only get consistent heat on colder days.

First is the main air vent. It does not exist. I have followed the lines to the end of the main steam lines and it does not exist. There is something else there that looks more like a thermostatic trap. By the end of the return line it appears like the main air vent should be there. Not sure. I have also been through the entire basement and there is not any f&t traps.

I am wondering if that is were the main vent should be in and if it is necessary with my set up. All of my questions came about after reading "We've Got Steam Heat" and thought it is extremely helpful I'm also confused about different stuff now.
· ·

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!