Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Utica 95M-200

DIY-er 61
DIY-er 61 Member Posts: 5
Boiler was installed in 2008. Hard lock out E-29 started daily this week. Worked fine after re-setting. Gradually got worse, shutting off few times daily. Today not firing anymore. Thermostats (home & hot water tank) are switching (call for heat) but nothing happens.

There is a light burning on the controler next to the MCBA, not sure whether that is supposed to be on.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• DIY-er 61
    Firing now

OK, I can get it to fire but need to do so manually. The code means it registers that the blower is running when it shouldn't be. Actually the blower keeps running on low speed after the boiler finishes heating. This causes the hard lockout. I then have to re-set the boiler AND pull the bottom plug from the blower motor side to stop the blower from running and re-insert the plug right away. This causes the boiler to start heating again. So the problem would be in the blower motor control?
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,366
    E29 code

Would indicate that either the wiring harness (high or low voltage) or the control module is bad.

That's the first revision in the programming of the module and indicates the first generation burner also.

Have you had any problems with ignition or strange noises from the vent? If so, Utica has a revision kit that includes a re-designed burner and an updated module that's re-programmed.

The kit must be installed by a qualified tech who has a digital combustion analyzer and knows how to use it.

Contact ECR/Utica @ 315-797-1310
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • DIY-er 61
    Ignition noise

Yes, I have sometimes noticed a rough, loud ignition. Thank you for your reply Ironman. I will give them a call in the morning.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,366
    Correction

I see that module has rev. C programming which indicates the updated burner, but give ECR a call anyway. Your boiler, like most all mod/con's, requires that a combustion analyzer be used to setup the burner. They may be able to direct you to a competent tech who can do it.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • DIY-er 61
    edited October 2013
    Thanks

Thanks again. I will give them a call.
  • DIY-er 61
    ECR Call

I called ECR and the rep told me it is a bad blower motor. Looked for it on the web, anywhere between 5 and 600 bucks! Yikes, of course just out of warranty......
This discussion has been closed.