To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Trying to find new covers for recessed radiators

Hello - we just bought an older home (built in 1942) and I am looking for some help with our recessed radiators - ideally I would like to replace the radiator covers (seen here) with something neater and more energy efficient, but I know NOTHING about how to go about doing that - any ideas?
jpg
jpg
photo05.jpg
0B
jpg
jpg
photo06.jpg
0B
· ·

Comments

• kcoppkcopp Posts: 1,638Member ✭✭✭
    One option is to...

have them power washed or sand blasted. Then you can powder coat or spray paint them w/ a matching color.

If you modify them you are more than likely going to make them less efficient. I have seen folks make them out of wood and the results look good just no heat great.
    · ·
  • Tim_HodgsonTim_Hodgson Posts: 59Member
    You'll need

creative carpenter and radiator guy to build what you desire. Look at Runtal or Myson radiators. If you can increase the surface area of the radiators in the house, you can lower the water temperature and install a boiler with increased efficiency. Otherwise kcopp is correct keep them clean, painted and they will work as designed.

Best regards,

Timothy Hodgson
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!