Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus G205....

Options
kcopp
kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
What has been your guys experience w/ these in the field. Buderus discontinued these a good while back but Im sure there a a bunch out there.... do they set up ok? run ok? clean well?

Comments

• JAdams
    JAdams Member Posts: 38
    Options
    G205

The G215 replaced the G205. Same interior design, different cabinet design, & the door can be made to swing either way on the 215. Other than that, great boiler. I have one in my in my house and 2 used ones in my garage, that I recently purchased at a very reasonable price. All three units have Reillo burners and burn very efficiently, high 80's. The 205 & 215 are triple bypass boilers and are very easy to clean, no heat transfer pins to get brushes stuck in. They are a very good unit.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    thanks...

that is a bit helpful. I was asking because I see a used one for purchase.
  • JAdams
    Options
    Buderus Tag

G = Cast

2 = Output size

0 = Revision

5 = Burner Type (power or atmospheric)
  • JAdams
    Options
    Used G205

It depends on the condition of the boiler, burner & components, and what exactly I get with the purchase of the boiler, what I would pay. For example, the last used G205 I purchased was in excellent condition, housing was not all bent and scratched, oil burner had all new parts (motor, fuel pump, control, capacitor, nozzle & electrodes), backflow preventer, water fill valve, 17 gallons hyrdronic anti-freeze, all 1 yr old. B&G 100 circulator, expansion tank, aqua stat, fuel filter, flow control valve, 1-1/4" copper & paperwork, all for $300. I got a great deal, but I wouldn't have given much more.
This discussion has been closed.