To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Dead Men's Steam School

Dave in QCADave in QCA Posts: 1,449Member ✭✭✭
I had the pleasure and good fortune today, to be able to attend Dan Holohan's Dead Men's Steam School in Davenport, Iowa. Dan is an outstanding presenter with a humorous and down to earth style, superior intellect, and sharp wit. I was proud of our mid-western audience because Dan informed us that "you guys are a nice looking bunch of people and that will make my day much more pleasant than it was when I had to speak to that bunch of uglies last week!" Well, I suspect he says that to every group.

It was an interesting time and one of the best presentations I have ever attended. I have thought about driving to one of his steam school presentations, even if I had to drive hundreds of miles to get there, so I was especially pleased when I found out he was coming to the Quad Cities.

Thank you, Dan!
Dave in Quad Cities, America
Weil-McLain 680 with Riello 2-stage burner, December 2012. Firing rate=375MBH Low, 690MBH Hi.
System = Early Dunham 2-pipe Vacuo-Vapor (inlet and outlet both at bottom of radiators) Traps are Dunham #2 rebuilt w. Barnes-Jones Cage Units, Dunham-Bush 1E, Mepco 1E, and Armstrong TS-2. All valves haveTunstall orifices sized at 8 oz.
Current connected load EDR= 1,259 sq ft, Original system EDR = 2,100 sq ft Vaporstat, 13 oz cutout, 4 oz cutin - Temp. control Tekmar 279.
http://grandviewdavenport.com
· ·

Comments

• Dan HolohanDan Holohan Posts: 11,944Moderator
    Thanks, Dave.

Just got home. This being my last two years of doing seminars, I was happy to be able to be with you all in Davenport for this one. Best-looking group in a long time. Thanks for taking such good care of yourselves, and me. :-)
    Site Administrator

dan@heatinghelp.com

Hug your kids.
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!