To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
Need to contact us? Visit

Steam Orifices


I have a job where they are converting a church BACK to a vapor steam system. The engineer is asking for orifice plates for each radiator. Are these commercially available anywhere or must they be fabricated out of sheet metal.



  • JUGHNEJUGHNE Member Posts: 2,475
    edited September 2013
    Check over on the steam side of the wall--oriffices

    You could look at the thread called "1930's VECO vapor system..." and ask what chart is used for orifice sizing??  Thanks...actually impressed that an engineer would take the simple approach.
  • Jamie HallJamie Hall Member Posts: 6,010
    The very short answer is yes

    as I recall Tunstall...

    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England.

    Hoffman Equipped System (all original except boiler), Weil-McClain 580, 2.75 gph Carlin, Vapourstat 0.5 -- 6.0 ounces per square inch
  • RodRod Posts: 2,067
    edited September 2013

    As Jamie mentioned, Tunstall are the people you want to contact about orifices. They have orifice plates and will help you select the right sizes. Good people to work with.

    Here's their contact info:

    Tunstall Corporation

    118 Exchange Street

    Chicopee, MA 01013

    Toll Free: (800) 423-5578

    Phone: (413) 594-8695

    Fax: (413) 598-8109
This discussion has been closed.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!