To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Iron Piping near boiler on High effieciency

hituw2x4hituw2x4 Posts: 10Member
What is the general consensus on piping say a triangle tube solo in iron pipe.  Basically up the pumps and flow controls and then from that point on would be copper.  I haven't seen any done like this.  I like iron pipe because it is very sturdy and minimized dissimilar metals near boiler (not entirely since the exchanger on a TT solo is Stainless steel).  I also noticed that the Cascade setup is made of iron pipe (a53) I think.

Curious for others opinions and experience.

Thanks
· ·

Comments

• JStarJStar Posts: 2,399Member ✭✭✭
    TT

I like it for the same reasons. Plus, I don't want the torch heat getting too close to the boiler and controls.
    jpg
    jpg
    image.jpg
    0B
    - Joe Starosielec
    732-494-4357
    j.star@thatcherhvac.com
    http://thatcherhvac.com
    http://facebook.com/thatcherhvac

Guaranteed performance. Guaranteed energy savings.
    Serving all of NJ, NYC, Southern NY State, and eastern PA.
    Consultation anywhere.
    · ·
  • SWEISWEI Posts: 4,881Member ✭✭✭✭
    Black iron or ProPress

on the small ones.  Aquatherm on the big jobs.
    · ·
  • R ManninoR Mannino Posts: 359Member ✭✭
    I've Done It

with a Vitodens, it's more work than propress that's for sure.

Black pipe flows more than it's equivalent size in copper.
    JPG
    JPG
    Vitodens 100.JPG
    0B
    · ·
  • MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 692Member ✭✭
    Screw Pipe

This is a Munchkin I did for my cousin, never installed a TT. You gotta love the screw pipe
    JPG
    JPG
    Boiler.JPG
    0B
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!